Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for .NET Developers to join our team. The ideal candidate will have strong hands-on core .NET programming skills, excellent problem solving and design skills and ability to work collaboratively within different teams. The candidate should also demonstrate a history of on-time delivery, excellent communication, and a positive get-it-done attitude. Retail domain expertise and experience working in Agile driven development projects is a plus.
- Works collaboratively with technical and business team members to develop and maintain business solutions following Agile development principles and practices
- Is influential and engages actively in building out a dynamic and productive development organization and continuously improving practices and methodology
- Designs and develops applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance, and re-use
- Sets and adheres to software coding and style guides to ensure consistency
- Participates in pairing and code reviews
- Support (2nd level) and troubleshoot problems with existing applications
- Mentors and guides others who are still developing their skills
Required Technical Skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or it's equivalent
- Experience as software development with hands-on experience in ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Core
- Candidates must have a robust understanding of C# and an in-depth understanding of other .NET technologies, including VSTO, WPF and WCF.
- Experience writing REST API
- Entity Framework or any other ORM tools experience is required
- Strong SQL skills, Unit test frameworks and Databases experience (SQLServer preferred) is required
- Experience with WebServices (REST, SOAP, etc)
- Thorough understanding of Object-Oriented principles (Analysis and Design)
- Strong emphasis on Unit Test and Integration test design and implementation, with strong review and mentoring experience, is a plus.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Does this sound like you?
Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!