Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams.
For this position you need to have/be:
- An analytical mind to gather and address technical and design requirements.
- Be able to recommend the best yet simplest solution for distinct software development problems.
- Understand the software development agile process and its best practices, from continuously integrating the code to production deployment.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, design patterns.Recognize opportunities to enhance the codebase on demand by refactoring and applying SOLID principles and other best practices.
- Familiarity with test pyramid strategies. Have expertise with automated tests with diverse granularly (unit, component, and service tests) to deliver sophisticated quality software.
- Experience with the web software development environment, through protocols (HTTP, AMQP, etc.) and paradigms (REST) to databases (SQL and NoSQL) and microservices architecture.
- Familiarity with Distributed Version Control Systems (Git, GitHub/GitLab), CI Tools (Jenkins, GitLab CI, Circle CI, etc), Containers (Docker), Package Repositories (Artifactory, Maven Central).
- Functional Programming (High-order functions, Immutability, etc.)
- Static Typing (Typescript, FlowJS)
- SPA frameworks (Angular, Vue or React)
- Testing Frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Sinon, etc.)
- Tooling (NPM, webpack, etc.)
- NodeJS v10.0 or higher
- Server Frameworks (Express, KOA, HAPI, etc)
- JWT Cookies, Caching, OAuth2, Routes, Filesystem
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Experience in software development, preferably as a Full Stack Software Engineer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Experience mentoring jr. developers.
Does this sound like you?
Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!